Therapies - Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy is the removal or re-balancing of emotional and psychological disorders, unwanted habits and undesirable feelings, using psychological and relaxation techniques alone.
The aim of all such therapy is to assist people in finding meaningful alternatives to their present unsatisfactory ways of thinking, feeling or behaving.
Hypnotherapy also tends to help clients become more accepting both of themselves and others and can be most useful in promoting personal development and unlocking inner potential.
Many people simply use hypnotherapy to improve their skills and to be the best they can be.
There are many forms of psychological therapy but the Advanced Ericksonian Hypnotherapy that Nigel uses is distinctive in that it attempts to address the subconscious mind, the storehouse of all our resources, indirectly while in light trance
In practice, the Hypnotherapist often (but not exclusively) requires the you to be in a relaxed state, frequently enlists the power of the your own imagination and may utilise a wide range of techniques.
What is being hypnotised like?
- It is worth considering that hypnosis is a naturally occurring state.
- It happens to us all many times a day and so feels quite natural.
- Expect to feel relaxed , not necessarily “hypnotized”.
- You can’t get stuck in trance any more than you could get stuck in sleeping.
- Your moral character and value system remains in place.
- You won’t do anything against your wishes or say anything you don’t want to say.
- You will most likely hear everything and be aware of things going on around you in the environment as you are in a heightened state of awareness.
- Hypnosis is in essence an altered state of consciousness in which you are extraordinarily receptive and resourceful
- It is a skill that can be learnt to positive advantage.
What is Hypnotherapy used for?
Hypnotherapy is used for the treatment, enhancement and alleviation of a large number of states such as:
- Stress management
- Anxiety disorders
- Panic attacks
- Behaviour control
- Confidence issues
- Eating disorders
- Performance enhancement
- Sleeping difficulties
- Social anxiety
Or can also be used to improve your skills and performance in specific areas of your choice.
Hypnotherapy is as much about learning a skill set as it is a treatment and can benefit adults and children alike.
Making an appointment
If you would like to experience hypnotherapy to help yourself move forward into positive change telephone Susie on 07531 831 308 to make an appointment or for an informal chat with Nigel the hypnotherapist.
“I experienced moments of deep relaxation. It was like diving into a universe of dreams.”
Elsa Palomino, Graphic Designer
“It is an astonishing voyage through your whole mind and body.”
Carola Proekl, Development Manager, Light Attendance
“It was as if my unconscious mind was communicating with my conscious mind”
Sarah Bramley, Sales and Marketing Manager, Mind Body Spirit Exhibition
“I was completely immersed in it. It was like I went into space and went through the stars. The experience was like emerging from a deep sea dive. I feel totally rejuvenated.”
Henry Cumming, Healer
“Its like a journey going back into your past and meeting your future.”
John Holder, Owner of Mind Body Spirit Exhibition
“The heavens opened and I was swallowed up by it all. I emerged learning something profound about myself.”
Lilian Lakscmi Shaw, Yoga Teacher
“Bright beautiful colours and waves of emotion washed over me.
Chavi ‘X’, Junior Doctor